Databases and Online Journals
- The LawCrawler uses intelligent agents combined with the AltaVista(tm) search engine and database and other legal code and case law databases to retrieve information geared towardc the specific needs of legal professionals.
Best Comprehensive Sites
- Best comprehensive legal site on the Internet. Contains a full text searchable database of all law reviews and journals on the Internet which is updated nightly. Lawcrawler, an Internet search engine, helps you focus your search on legal issues on the Web. Also includes legal forms, organizations, law firms and lawyers, judicial opinions and case law, consultants, and more.
- Hieros Gamos
- Comprehensive legal site with over 20,000 original pages and more than 70,000 links. HG I contains information on over 6,000 legal organizations including every government in the world. HG II ‘s 200+ practice areas, 300+ discussion groups and 50 doing business guides provide free access to substantive information. Now, hundreds of hours of online seminars have been incorporated as well.
- Lawguru.com – Legal Questions, Answers and Research
- The highlight of this site run by a law firm is the Legal Research Page, which provides direct links to the search engines for more than 200 law-related sites. Examples of these sites include state court opinions, codes, legislation, with some federal and topical sites included. Another good source is the Law Related Links to topics such as: Legal Forms and Workers’ Compensation. Also includes Questions and Answers on topics such as: Small Claims Court, Auto Accidents, Sexual Harassment and Disability Discrimination.
- Legal Information Institute [Cornell University]
- Comprehensive legal information from including Supreme Court Decisions; hypertext versions of the U.S. Code, U.S. Constitution, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Rules of Evidence and Civil Procedure; subject guide to Internet legal resources; and, other federal, state and international legal resources.
- The Virtual Chase
- Subtitled “A Research Site for Legal Professionals,” this excellent site is actually for anyone interested in doing research using the Internet. There are articles on specific research issues and topics, annotated guides and course materials for an Legal and Factual Research on the Internet workshop. Finally, the article, Evaluating the Quality of Information on the Internet, with hyperlinked examples, should be required reading for anyone searching the Internet.
- WashLaw WEB
- Besides case law, the this searchable site provides a variety of features for people interested in the law, including state and federal codes, international law, 220 discussion groups and law journals.
Other Comprehensive Sites
- Internet Legal Resource Guide
- A categorized index of 3100 select web sites in 238 nations, islands, and territories (see Global Index), as well as more than 475 locally stored web pages and other files. This site was established to serve as a comprehensive resource of the information available on the Internet concerning law and the legal profession, with an emphasis on the United States of America. Searchable.
- Nolo’s Legal Resources
- This site has legal information in non-legal language in seventeen subject areas: small business; employment; patent, copyright & trademark; wills & estate planning; retirement; elder care; real estate; landlords & tenants; debt & credit; tax problems; consumer; marriage & living together; divorce; caring for children; courts & mediation; personal injury; and criminal law. In addition, there are hundreds of free articles on everyday legal topics.